WarLock_Real Time (Warrior WarLock )

Hi guys
this is my entry for the Warlock challenge real time Character . This is first ever challenge that i have ever participating.Also this is my first time doing a complete character model.
going to post some WIP snaps of my character . having fun and hopefully learning some new tools along the way. Feedback is much appreciated!
Thanks Guys

:smile:2020-04-16T18:30:00Z

9 Likes

Hi Guys

These are few more updated Snaps from my character. He was human one point of time but now his armor infused with his body and he is more like a demon with great powers now

Thanks
:smiling_imp:

Hi
Few more updates on The Warlock Mostly breaking the symmetry of the face and adding some details

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi guys
Lately been little busy with some personal work. completed the high poly model About to start retopo.

1 Like

Hi guys

Done the retopo for the head. took more time than i expected :sweat_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

The shapes and the overall mood is right on spot for me! Love the dark feel to it. Waiting for more updates

1 Like

Thanks For the Support buddy :slightly_smiling_face:

HI guys Finally completed retopo for my model. its around 34k poly . since i have poly budget left i might create a weapon or some effects to enhance the feel of the character. soon i will start baking and texturing for the character

Which method is best to bake the details to the high poly to low poly ?
Baking in Substance painter or In Maya ?
Let me know ur Thoughts :slight_smile:

Personally, I really like using Marmoset Toolbag for baking my high to low poly maps before entering Substance Painter. If you have the chance, it is a bit pricy but worth every penny.
If you have Substance Painter, then you can also render high poly but you have a little less control.

1 Like

The surfacing on this is super rad. I have been curious about how to do the surfacing on hands.
Did you use an alpha brush/stamp for the knuckles and phalanges?

Thanks for the tip buddy. I appreciate it .i will check out marmoset for baking. yes i did used Alphas for knuckles and skin pore alphas on multiple places including face
:slight_smile:

Done withe the UV Part . u can see some areas free in my UV sheet so i can add some extra effects or parts later on my character :relaxed:

Thanks Guys

2 Likes

@ivin give more uv space to the face. Like 20% more than chest hands and legs
As u have a lot of details on the face

1 Like

Thanks For the Feedback @Bharat I will definitely do That :slight_smile: also how to get rid of the baking such as below image ? :thinking:

Ok so when ur baking in substance painter change ur cage value from 0.01 to something like 0.003-0.007. Try this thing out on a 1k res only normal to test
If it comes out fine then bake on 4K

Wait I will send images to make it easier for u

@Bharat Sure Thanks Brother

Here you go bro. Follow these steps and it should work. Let me know if something comes up. Cheers !

3 Likes

Thanks Buddy this will really Help A lot :relaxed: :+1:

1 Like

Hi Guys I have baked the high poly details from my sculpt to the retopo model i made :slight_smile: in that process i have gone through some issues and our dear friend @Bharat helped me to solve that . thanks Buddy :slight_smile:
here are some shots of my baked model from substance painter

Thanks

1 Like