Hello, everyone! This is my first go at a challenge so let’s see how it goes.
I’ll start off by putting down some bullet points of what kind of character I wanted to create:
- Classic Warlock with patron (probably evil) relationship
- The character should resemble or try to mimic the patron’s appearance
- Human but appearing like a creature through clothing
- Old Hermit – clothing and items are made by the character
- Weak in combat but good at scheming and tactics
- Relies on invoking fear to avoid direct confrontation
One problem I might run into is that it will look too much like a druid however I’ll try to covey a sense of twisting/abusing nature instead of harmony with nature. With that in mind, here is some lore about the character:
Barael is a higher rank member of a cult called The Flock. Members of this organization serve a being called Volucris a giant vulturelike entity that forms a pact with those who pledge themselves to it. Barael himself has formed such a pact and gained a couple of magical powers. He is able to use curses and bestows decay and misfortune on those that oppose The Flock. Also granted to him are minor necromantic powers that can resurrect and command small animals (preferably birds) that he uses as scouts. When it comes to actual combat, Barael is fairly weak and will most likely rely on instilling fear in the enemy and avoid direct confrontation or call upon other servants to secure his retreat (he is more of a tactician with the cult).
Current Progress (picture will be updated):