Rules for the Fairy Tales Challenge - Real-Time Game Character

Hey I have started my project just to get the general idea of what I am trying to achieve, lookwise but I used a base mesh. Can I continue or do I have to start over since i didn’t make that base mesh myself?

How active is an active wip thread? Does one update a week count as active enough?

sure, once a week would be good. with active, we mean that we can see a rough process of the character and not what we have people just posting the end result.

Yes, if this is just a quick simple base mesh then it is allowed. but please post the base mesh in your wip as a quick image so we can see.

I was wondering if it’s okay to start off the sculpting process from a basemesh (for example from Daz3d) or if it has to be a sphere at the beginning.

Cool! I’ll pick the good old Genesis 8 :wink:

can i use assets? like my old base meshes?
or my hair style packs etc?

yes, you can use those. although we prefer it if you use a base mesh that you also post a picture in your thread.

1 Like

Hello, I was wondering do the character based off Maleficent from disney? Or do I have to base my character on the fairy tale Sleeping Beauty with the evil fairy?

As long as it is a fairy tale you can base it on that. I would say that Disney often makes movies about fairy tales so if that is the case then that would be fine.

1 Like

Hey guys, quick question about the deadline :slight_smile: You wrote that it’s May 1st, but which time zone are you referring to? Thanks!

We are referring to the CET Timezone but we will not be too strict with this and close the challenge on the minute. so if you are a few hours late due to timezone differences then we understand that.

what aspect ratio does the final render have to be?

This is up to you, all we recommend is that the screenshots are of high resolution so that we can see all the detail that went into the artwork.

1 Like

but what about the final submition do i require turn arounds? special resolution? ladscape? porttrait? do i need to render my character in tpose? i would like to not render it in t pose

Please read the submission rules on this page. everything else is up to you to make it look as good as possible, that is the goal of the challenge :slight_smile:

1 Like

in the submition page it says i can submit only 1 entry?
and here in the comments you said i can have more than 1 entry but only 1 of them will win?
could you elaborate?

I have edited the submissions page to reflect the correct ruling.

1 Like

Hi there !
I’ve got a quick question. If I make some props with my character, do they need to be included in the character’s 2 UVs or can I make separate UVS?

you can make separate UV’s

1 Like