Horror Challenge 2023 - Final Submissions

3 Likes

Sorry that this popped up here, I was trying to have it go to my submission post, eitherway here is the sketchfab viewer for submission numbr 49

I really wish I had the two weeks I ended up missing to work on this more, but time is up and here is what I have. There were a few issues along the way and it’s pretty obvious where I started rushing, but I learnt some new things and overall think it’s okay. Thanks to everyone at FN for the challenge, and good luck everyone!

4 Likes

Final Submission - Xylorhk

I wanted to create a character that was literally in its own way, imprisoned by its potential. This challenge was incredibly fun and I learned so much. Thank you so much for the opportunity!

6 Likes

This reminds me of the “time cop” from Rick and Morty. It looks great!

1 Like

Broken Toy

This work is about those horrible and twisted monstrous beings that we see in society.
A broken childhood and a vicious cycle that can repeat itself if we do not pay attention to it.

15 Likes

Final Submission of " Demon King ".

Final Render:

Wireframe & Texture :

displacement:

polypaint:

Work in progress:

Learned a lot from this. I hope you find this work good. Thanks.

5 Likes

Great work, everyone!
Alright, won´t be able to finish this one properly, so here´s what I´ve got for this moment.
He was supposed to be a possessed jester that killed a beloved king (queen´s crown is on his left arm). I wasn´t able to finish his eyes, he was supposed to be blind by the spell that made him do all the things he did. Wanted to give him a hunched posture once he´d be rigged. Anyway, here´s what I´ve got (I hope I understood the rules well and won´t spam this thread unnecessarily with too many pictures). For progress, please see my thread here
Marmoset Renders:

ZBrush Sculpting:

Wires:

Textures:

Edit: I messed up the textures scheme as I was manually changing the material ID colors for more distinctive ones, should be correct now.

7 Likes

Hello Evryone
It was really hard, but it was good.
My project is about a Del Toro movie (Pans Labyrnth) character called PALE MAN. I actually modeled 3 things from the movie, one is the Pale Man, the other is his palace(Modeled then converted to HDRI and used behind the character), and I also modeled the fairies in the movie.

In this Side render, unfortunately, multi-resolution is not turned on, secondary forms cannot be seen

TurnableGif

360 View

Dust in the air… simulated as a particle system in blender and none of the renders are manipulated with Photoshop. And whatever effect the renders have, in fact, I have reached that effect inside Composite Blender. Only added signature :slight_smile:

Pale Man : 3 X 8K UDIM
Fairies : 1 X 4K
Software Used :
ZBRUSH
SUBSTANCE PAINTER
BLENDER
Blender node setup :

Some Cool Images :cold_face:

Coridor HDRI3|500x500

:heart:
Thank your for watching! I hope you enjoy watching this :heart: :rose: :skull:
Good luck to all artists

16 Likes

3 Likes

that looks absolutely insane!! incredible job!

1 Like

My final submission “Mellosis” Sculpted, textured and rendered in Blender. I made all the scenario and assets, I hope you like it.

3 Likes

Jack is a twisted and scary clown who idolizes the infamous Joker. He wears a designer suit, a hat and a mask that covers his scars. He carries scary smile, that he uses to cause chaos and mayhem. He has a dark sense of humor and enjoys playing cruel jokes on his victims. He is always looking for a worthy opponent to challenge his madness and intelligence.
Meet JACK JACK.

3 Likes

Here are my Final submissions for Cosmic Grim Reaper with his Seeker for The Horror Challenge 2023

21 Likes

Here is my submission. This is the Head Cutter.
I did not finish, but I wanted to upload it anyway. It is supposed to have a guitar graveyard in the background. Textures & model are not where I wanted them to be, but it IS low-poly on purpose.

3 Likes

I made it to the last carriage on time. I am ready to provide you with Catcher of Darkness. Photoshop crashed during editing, so some photos have very high saturation, this was not planned :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is my final Submission: Draculon the 13th.

A Vampire that has terrorized the living for thousands of years. He is on a quest for ultimate power and searches the entire galaxy for a specimen with the richest and purest blood.
He carries a container of blood in his bone armor, that keeps his suit in a steady circulation of this precious life essence. A straw with direct access to his favourite drink is on the metal contraption that holds together his glass visor helmet.

The hair cards were done with fibershop, then placed in Maya.
the cape was simulated in Marvelous Designer and sculpted in Zbrush (like everything else), the texture for it was with the Outgang Textitle generator tool for Substance Player.

I will keep working on this character as I think there is still a lot more to do and I am not quite happy with the result. Checkout my artstation for the full release: https://www.artstation.com/thierry_perrig

Portrait:

Medium Shot:

Full Body Shot:

First Test Renders in Marmoset:

Wireframe (This character doesn’t have game optimized Uvs and so on. I had to save time):

Early Cape Simulation:

2 Likes

In the dream nexus where dreams converge, “Morphegorth” stirs—an eldritch monstrosity born from collective human terrors. This shape-shifting entity, driven by malevolent intelligence, haunts dreamers, manipulating fears and feasting on dread. Seeking to transcend the dream realm, Morphegorth aims to manifest in the waking world, ensnaring those who delve into its chilling origins.

The Dream Nexus, a dimension where all dreams converge, exists on the fringes of reality, accessible through the dream world. Dream energy accumulates, potentiated by intense and fearful dreams. Over centuries, this energy formed a chaotic, malevolent mass, achieving consciousness. Morphegorth influences dreams, drawing strength and even making pacts with dreamers to gain devotion. It can cross into reality through powerful nightmares, appearing as a grotesque, ever-changing entity, fueled by the deepest fears of humanity.

Maps

![morphe (2)|384x500]

Wireframe

Substance

WIPS

I wanted to capture the mysterious and incomprehensible nature of Morphegorth and contribute to the unsettling atmosphere of my Lovecraftian short story that I’m thinking of writing because of this challenge.

Morphegorth: A fusion of “Morpheus,” the Greek god of dreams, and “Gorth,” just sounded cool and lovecrafty :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Deleted the extra post and added them in here.

9 Likes

I had no plan, no design for this. Started from the head then torso then finally going to this.
Material is fully procedural as well as lighting.

1 Like

Wanted to add a longer description and add more renders but the website wasn’t loading the images and just showed the text. Maybe because they were 4k, not sure. Just made the final image post before the deadline but didn’t get to thank the Flipped Normals team for this awesome challenge. Learned a lot and loved seeing everyone’s progress and renders.

More details and renders will be posted in the WIP thread if anyone’s interested. :slight_smile:

I wanted to capture the mysterious and incomprehensible nature of Morphegorth and contribute to the unsettling atmosphere of my Lovecraftian short story that I’m thinking of writing because of this challenge.

Morphegorth: A fusion of “Morpheus,” the Greek god of dreams, and “Gorth,” just sounded cool and lovecrafty :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like