Horror Challenge - Possessed Jester

Hello everyone,
I´ve decided to take part in this challenge and try creating a possessed jester.

Story behind this character - Jester was possessed and used to kill the beloved king. Having killed both king and queen, his body seeks more blood and violence while his soul suffers from all his involuntary doings.

He´ll be dressed in jester costume with pieces of armor that he grabs from the victims and puts on top. Queen´s crown will be part of his accessories as an arm or thigh necklace (whichever will work better later on when the sculpting is done). Armed with sort of medieval grenade launcher and grenades.

A bit of blocking for now:

1 Like

…and a quick update. still very wip:

I´m going for both “hat” on and off version right now as it´s quite interesting element to the costume. I´ll see which works better for the final pose/shot.

5 Likes

…some more tweaking on the clothes and added asymmetry to the face.
I´ll be going for an excruciating facial expression and he will be blind (part of the possession/curse).

3 Likes

Love the face and cloth design!!

Thank you very much for the kind comment.
And a bit more progress:

I was mostly working on the weapons lately, maybe I will include those in the next wips.

4 Likes

… just weapons base meshes for now, very wip.

swivel gun would be too heavy to be held or worn on the back by a regular person, but he´s possessed and is super strong to be able to do that - especially since I don´t have the time to do a fancy cart for him to move it around on, so supernatural power it is…

Then there´s a hand cannon and a mace (had to start with the rampage somehow to get to the fancier weapons, I figured he started with a mace).

1 Like

minor update

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

Looking super good! I hope to see another update from you soon :slight_smile:

thank you for the kind comment.
adding some accessories. just a test for now, still lots of tweaking required and many more things to be added.

2 Likes

I know it’s been a while since your last update, but wanted to check in and let you know we’re hoping to see this in the final lineup! It’s looking so good it would be a shame not to make it to the finish line :slight_smile: There’s still 5 days to go, so remember to post your final result in the final submissions thread before the deadline has passed.

Thank you, Emilie.
Done with the lowpoly (around 50k), working on the materials now. Probably won´t be able to move on with this much further before the deadline (even with the extension), but something semi-decent might come out of this.

I´ve learned a lot during this challenge, especially some habits I need to fix in my files organization to speed things up :smiley:

1 Like

If you haven’t already done it, remember to post your result in the final submissions thread today so your work can be considered for one of the prizes :slight_smile: Only a few hours left to go now! Countdown Timer – Countdown to Nov 23, 2023 in London, England

Thank you for the reminder. Posting here for a test before posting in the final submission thread.

…aaand I messed up. The textures layout I have posted earlier is incorrect (quite obvious, it´s the alpha for the crown and also the crown is part of the accessories texture, not the lower body texture as marked before) . Made an edit in the final submission forum, leaving the messed up original in this thread and posting a fixed one right now:

1 Like