Rules for the Halloween Challenge 2023 challenge

The timer seems to not working properly for me. This morning I checked it and it said 2 Days : 4 Hours : 1 Minutes : 51 Seconds. Now, a few hours later, it’s still the same. And when I refresh the page, it’s reset to that time again. After the 51 seconds countdown is done, it’s also reset to that time again. Just letting you know.

Edit: I tried clearing site data and restarting my browser, still the same. Same result with trying to open the page with different browsers.

same

I thought we have until midnight today :sweat_smile:

Oh no the timer is wrong? I was thinking I have 2 days left :cry:.

1 Like

I can’t speak for everyone, but on my screen, it is not working properly (and on one other person’s screen too^). Even right now as I’m typing this it’s still at the same time as I explained. So I use an online timezone converter instead to know when is the deadline in my local time.

2 Likes

Yes, same issue here. I made a countdown here:

I hope its right. These timezones are confusing :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have sent in my final submissions now. If there is something that I’m missing, would I be able to complete the mission information or another way to confirm that the submission is delivered correctly? English is not my native language, and I don’t want to be disqualified because I may have misunderstood the rules of the competition. :sweat_smile:

Can we use a hdri in the scene? Like something with clouds that will be seen in the final render as a background :thinking:

So, is this legit timer :grinning: :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Same here! This will unfortunately impact the quality of my work as I also thought I had about 2 days left… I am very disappointed.

Hey I don’t want to be that guy, but this timer on the top of the page that still shows we have over 2 days left to submit really screwed me over. I planned out my final hours for the character according to it and now I feel like the quality will suffer greatly from it. 24 hours is a big difference! If you could extend the deadline that would be great…I understand if not. I just wanted to share my disappointment after having worked so hard for this. Anyway, I guess I won’t sleep now and just give it my best.

Anyone know the GMT deadline?

Not anymore. The challenge has been extended for 2 more days :tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Utc and Gmt are the same. So the final deadline will be Wednesday, November 22 at 11.59 pm UTC

1 Like

Oh sweet! :partying_face: I’m in the middle of texturing and wasn’t sure I’d make it today! Thanks :facepunch:

Hello, I was wondering about the use of PBR textures and whether it is allowed to visually age images in Photoshop. For example, can you apply effects like yellowing the image or making it black and white to make it look like it’s from the 1900s?

Yes this is fine :slight_smile:

1 Like