Rules for the Fairy Tales Challenge - Real-Time Game Character

Hi there. yes this is fine, as long as your final submission will be of your brand new made character

Good! Thanks again! :smiley:

I have a few questions. Can I split up " two 4k texture sets" into smaller materials that would total that resolution (for the purposes of individual shader work in Marmoset). Or does it literally have to be two materials? (according the rules as they seem to be, it would take half my allowed materials just to apply anistropic shading to hair, ect.)

Also, you said we could use the full power of Marmoset, but Marmo can subdivide triangles, effectively making a very nice high poly render out of a low poly model. Can we use this feature?

As long as the texture resolution is logical this is fine.
As for using the full power of marmoset it still needs to be a model that also works in any game engine so it needs to have good topology and not an insane polycount so I would avoid using the subdivision tools.

1 Like

Hey! Is 2560x248 resolution ok? Or is it to much? Cause I don’t know how to interpret 1920+
And sorry for dumb question :<

I assume you are talking about image renders and not texture resolution? ifso then sure, that is fine

1 Like

Hi! I was wondering how I can change the thumbnail of my thread to my latest wip. How can I do that? I just don’t find the option :sweat_smile:

there should be a pencil icon next to your thread title. if you click that you can change the thumbnail. the image does already need to exist within the thread.

I’ve seen the pencil icon there a while ago but it’s gone now. It seems as if it’s only possible for a month to edit a post. I can edit all my recent posts but not the ones that are older than 30 days or so. Guess I’ll have to stick to my old thumbnail but that’s okay.

Hello! I have three models. So can I use two 4K map sets for each of these models?

Hi there. as long as the texture resolution makes sense for the size and complexity of the model then yes.

I’m sorry, according to which time zone do you calculate the deadline for submitting work? Thank you!

Hi there, we are not too strict about this. the challenge will end on the 2th of may really because we will make sure that in every timezone the 1st of may has changed. so if you are a few hours late do not worry as we would not just throw out weeks of work just for a few hours. only when we send everything to the judges will it be final.

Edit: just to make sure there is no confusion. the final submission does have to be submitted on the 1st of may, however if for example the 1st of may has already passed in your timezone but for example not yet in the usa there is still time.

4 Likes

Oooo that’s wonderful news! Thank you for the opportunity to finish everything.

I’m getting ready to submit, but I just wanted to check, are we allowed to break down the 2 4k texture sets? I have 2 2k sets, 3 1k sets and 3 512 sets. It’s still less than 2 4k sets but I wanted to check that it was OK to break them down?

1 Like

Yes, this is ok.

1 Like

This project got me to take the leap from Marmoset Toolbag 3 to Toolbag 4, totally worth the upgrade!

1 Like

Damnit, why didn’t I think of that?! :joy::heart:

where are the results?

You can find them here: Fairy Tales Challenge - Final Winners!