Warlock of Sinew and Bone, The Blood Boiler

hi all very late to this challenge,

I’m going to do a post apocalyptic style warlock, a mutant leader, who utilises blood magik.

He is the Warlock of Sinew and Bone, the Cannibal, the Blood Boiler, the Chef of Bone Hunter of Men and Eater of Beasts, Father of Mutants, The Artist of Skin all titles to befit a god amongst men
The idea is that he’s a giant ogre who’s obsessed with the collection of blood, primarily ‘pure blood’ blood not effected by the world and cleaned for purity this is his power to control the wastelands of his world and his rag tag warband of blood crazed marauders

!
I’m being heavily influenced by Rage 2, Mad Max, and the ogre butchers and corpse grinder cults from Warhammer fantasy and 40K respectively

Here is a really rough sketch but will start building him today.

[Edited - put this picture in it so my rough sketch isn’t the first thing people see]
[Edited - put my final here]

Much love

4 Likes

Here’s a quick update on my Warlock very rough blockout for the body and face

Face

and now the body

just a little update on the face thinking I’m done then onto a few detail passes

Much love

Just an update more on the body need to do a detail pass after I’ve got the rest blocked out

Much love

another small update

done the pants and the boot

Much love

Slowly adding to it, final detail passes tomorrow and Friday

Much Love

3 Likes

That’s very unique. Can’t help but staring at that tank on his back - guess that’s for pumping blood. Another cool part is the salvaged armor that really looks like being made of whatever stuff found across the wasteland: bomb quad neck protection, “medieval” shoulder plates and other really add to the story

Hi all another update kinda big got the whole thing sorted now just need to do the fine detail passes and then the fun of re-topo and all the jazz haha

@aforalegria - Yeah the tank on his back is to store blood and refine it to make it ‘pure’, the whole idea in my head was that he takes blood willingly hence the syringe (which I may get rid of) or forcibly by literally pulling it out of someone, thinking of removing the syringe so that he has to be brutal, also thanks for commenting

Much Love

2 Likes

My high poly completely finished now just a grind to the finish I can’t wait to complete it, going to have a rest to day play a bit of monster hunter for a bit haha

I love this project

Much Love

3 Likes

Couldn’t stop so came up with the blood tree, my warlock likes to ‘plant’ these for his followers, a show of power and to show the followers ‘unpure’ blood of the enemies

Much Love

2 Likes

Slowly started the retopo

soon it will be finished haha

Much Love

1 Like

That’s some nice topo) Love the way you’ve highlighted muscle masses

1 Like

Now with added scars and stomach tumour

quick update on the retopo, done the body, pants, and the neck armour, started doing the bears and dolls

more updates on the re-topo

Much Love

1 Like

Last Update on the Re-topo before baking

Much Love

1 Like

I have finished the UVing

Much Love

I have done the bake some issues but I can easily paint them out nearly done

Good luck everyone

Much Love

1 Like