Hello everyone, this is my entry for the Warlock Challenge!
I’ll be using this concept, created by myself:
And here’s my first WIP. Starting with a head sculpt:
For this project, my idea was to create a young warlock. Instead of wands or books, he uses a gauntlet to conjure spells. I’m going for a stylized look and I’ll probably be making some changes in the design as I go during the initial stages.
Basic blockout done for the body!
I’m pretty much done sculpting and detailing the highpoly mesh. Proceeding to do retopology next!
Retopology took me longer than I thought it would I’m currently unwrapping the UVs and soon will start baking
Also here’s a close up shot of the character’s gauntlet
Hmm…This could definitely use some more polishing. Hopefully I can make it more “interesting” the texturing phase
3 days left until the challenge ends. I don’t think I’ll be able to make something half as decent as I wanted to, but whatever… I’ll do my best to push the quality within the time frame.
Anxiety levels rising as the deadline approaches
Wishing good luck to everyone finishing their characters!
Awesome Character!!! You can do it!!
And I’m done! Congratulations to everyone who finished in time too
Final Submission Thread
I think I started the texturing process way too late and even though I tried to squeeze every single minute until moments before the deadline, it didn’t turn out quite well. I rushed a lot and there were sooo many things I wish I’d done better. The submission feels somewhat incomplete and I’m not really happy about it honestly
On a positive note, I’m pretty satisfied with the amount of effort in learning I put in order to make this. Challenges like these are great for pushing ourselves and I’m really grateful for the opportunity. Thank you FN staff!
Also, I completely failed to upload on Sketchfab in time (shame on me ), so I’ll just put a link to it in this thread:
The final character has 22.4k tris total, and I went for a PBR stylized-ish look with 2x4k texture sets.
From sculpting to texturing, everything was pretty much made in Blender. Rendered in the realtime engine Eevee.
May I be forgiven by the gods of character artistry for solely utilizing Blender for this project, and also for using my own concept