[Warlock Challenge] – [The Unspoken]

Edit: just posting a render shot of the character on top of the topic! :slight_smile:

Hello, everyone! I’m really excited to participate in this challenge. For this one I’m trying to get a dark mood for the character and tell a chilling story behind it. I hope I do it through the design.

Thanks for anyone checking my thread and good luck to all participants!

1 Like

Below there’s my mood board. The idea is to make a masked character, with some light armor and hints occultism in his adornations.

2 Likes

Just started to blockout the main shape of the character and study my references to try to visualize how it will work. I just trew some ideas on him, reworked a few shapes and now I think it looks generaly ok. The fabric stuff is not looking great since I tried just to get the main pieces of the character and not worry too much about it. I will work it out properly in Marvelous Designer.

I will probably add a fell things later on, make smal props to him and perhaps change some details, but I think the central idea for the character is right in there.

Fell free to send your thoughts and feedbacks.

1 Like

As I thought, I changed a lit bit the design as I was creating his clothes in Marvelous Designer. But I like it more this way. I’ll spent the next days sculpting details and then move on to his mask. I’ll add more assets to the character later on. What do you think?

This is looking great - really well done on the clothing!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m sorry for the late reply: it’s been crazy these day with the pandemic.

These past days have been difficult with the pandemic - I’ve been working at home full time and it’s hard to manage time for the challenge - and I know it’s a tigh schedule. I will try to update more.

I’ll post some shots of the project as it is. Below is my zbrush render from my highres model for the character’s mask. There is some background story behind it - the wound his carrying in his throat tells something of his dark past to us.

Hope you like it!

2 Likes

It has been crazy these past few days. I’m just getting the final touches on my character. Here is the low res shot of it before the texturing.

I’ll post the render with textures on soon!

1 Like

Really exciting :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see the final result!

1 Like

Here’s a snek peek of my rendering process right now. I spent the day making final adjustments to the textures and now I feel confortable about showing the character. Tomorrow I will do final shots and publish it.

2 Likes

so cool! Very nice vibe you’ve got going on. I’m a fan of the minimalistic lighting especially.

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad you’re liking how the character is turning to be.

1 Like