[Warlock Challenge] - [The Beast]

Hey guys, student at ASU here, first time posting and first flippednormals challenge!
This is also my first time creating a real-time character (that wasn’t for a class), so I hope to learn a lot about character design and to get more used to the pipeline.
For this challenge, I found an amazing concept piece made by the extremely talented Alvaro Cardozo (https://www.artstation.com/alvarocardozo) and was lucky enough to get permission to use it for this challenge.

Final Render:

Here’s a picture of the concept I’m working off of:

4 Likes

I’ll try my best to post consistently but I also suck at keeping up with posting WIPs.
Here’s where I’m at with my character as of now:

C&C welcome, thanks!

Here’s another update. Finally got everything blocked out; now I can start with some detailing~ C&C welcome :smiley:

Finished high poly:

Got my retopo and mesh maps all baked!
Topology (about 38k quads):

UVs:

Normal bake:

Got a little pose going on now and a floor. I’m procrastinating the texturing process, c&c pls :pleading_face:

1 Like

Alllllright, I’m finally done! Here it is:

Had a lot of trouble during the texturing process and there are still parts of it that I don’t feel too good about, but in the end I’m extremely proud of myself for sticking with it till the end. Please let me know what you think! Thank you to FlippedNormals for this challenge and a great learning experience!

3 Likes

I think this is awesome! I like how it feels both dark and friendly, and the texturing just rocket the character to the next level. Congratulations on this achievement :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks so much!! :partying_face: