[Warlock Challenge] - [EKIRA]

Hello Everyone ! A little update on my progress for the female Warlock. Just messing around in zbrush to get some variations in.Started with the retopo of the body as well for easy workflow and future use. In need of feedback, please help :crazy_face:

10 Likes

Hi Everyone ! Update on progress of model. Still in block-out stage. Not sure where i am going with this model. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Cheers. Have a good day !

3 Likes

Awesome face sculpt!!!

1 Like

@UnkindledSnow Thank You

Hello Everyone. Small update. Testing out different shapes for the Blindfold/Shoulder Pads and Neck Piece, will start adding some tentacle hair strands. Basic forms done. Will start working on the High Poly - Primary, Secondary shapes and some details. Any feedback would be highly appreciated. Also let me know which variation you think would look good so that i can start working towards those ideas.
Thank You :metal: :metal: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Small Update… Started working on the High Poly pass. Started with hands. Will start working on face and accessories. Almost done with the body retopo also. Will start projecting details in Zbrush.Cheers Guys !

Body_Mesh Tri Count- 11,814
Bake testing - Substance Painter. More Stuff coming soon. Cheers

1 Like

Quick Update. Here are the Elements that i have completed (Low poly and High Poly). So far Tri count upto 20k. Estimated Tri count for my Model is 120k, post bake optimization tri count will come upto 100k hopefully :crazy_face:

1 Like

Update. Working on Horns High Poly Pass. Also sketching out some shapes for the staff, will make a few more variations. Retopo progress. Current Tri- Count - 24,195.

1 Like

Hello Everyone.

could any one help with a method of making a reusable tentacle.

2 Likes

I really like where this is going and the retopology is really clean ^^
For your tentacle I’m not 100% sure, but you could sculpt one and use the bend curve modifier to deform it to get different versions (https://youtu.be/rJ8zXNp_Uxw)

1 Like

@Notink Thank You. Oooo i like the idea of bend curve deformer. Damn it could be a really good approach. I will test it out. I have been trying to make an insert mesh brush for the tentacles with the tri- polygroup method. I will try blending both the methods and see if i can get any good results.Thanks for the feedback. Cheers :metal:

Update.

Made one Hair strand Tentacle. 10 more to go. :sweat_smile: :sob: :sob:

Hi dude can you tell me how to Add updated pics of the character to the same post without creating a entire new topic

@ivin after you have created ur topic just keep replying to the same Post.
(Note : To showcase ur updated pic.)
you need to go to the header of ur topic
And there will be a pencil symbol (edit) over there. Click on that and select thumbnail.

Awesome work! As a quick tip, it might be a good idea to eventually get rid parts of the body mesh that wont be seen under clothing. It gives you some extra polys to play around with and would be less awkward when posing/rigging. It looks like you’ve optimized your model really well anyway, but a tip for just in case :slight_smile:

Keep up the great work.

1 Like

@Lenu Yes i am planning on that itself as i am going to Rig this character after the challenge gets over(so much to learn). I have kept the Optimization for Last. I have to match the geometry flow of a few elements to that of the body, so that they wont create issues in animation. Also i wont be deleting faces for now as i will be showcasing variations. I have never tried posing a character without a base rig before. Not sure how to do it. Will have to look it up. Thanks for the feedback and kind words Bruh :metal: :metal:. Cheers.

1 Like

Update. Finished Sculpting Half the Tentacles. Made a few variations of staffs. Which of these designs do you guys think is good.

2 Likes

Thanks Bro. I appreciate it

Update.

Almost done with the High Poly sculpt of all elements. Few elements left to retopo. Started working on Uvs for bake tests.

3 Likes