[Warlock Challenge] - [EKIRA]

Update. Trying a test bake before adding all the elements together for final Bake. My laptop is dying on me :sob:

4 Likes

This is looking super promising! We’ve featured you in our challenge update newsletter which just went out :slight_smile:

1 Like

@emiliestabell Thank You :blush:

1 Like

Done with the Bake process and started with texturing. Still playing around with the look i want to go for. Here are the 2 UV sets. I have also uploaded my moodboards for this character. Cheers Guys.

3 Likes

Hi bro are you using 2k texture maps or 4K ?

@ivin using 4K. I have to keep switching to a 2k template in substance every 20 mins, otherwise my substance just freezes.

Thanks for thre response brother. how meany texture maps r u planing to use ? albedo. roughness and normal ?

@ivin yup
Albedo
Roughness
Metallic
Normal
Emissive
Opacity
AO- will combine by mesh name and normal AO together and do some testing
And maybe 1 SSS mask - not sure about this one still have to learn how to implement it.

1 Like

Update. Textured this guy today. wanted some crystal feeling to it based on the moodboard rocks.Will start working on the clothes and patterns as masks for the same. Cheers Guys ! :metal:

5 Likes

That squid looks really cool! Looking forward to your progress

1 Like

Update on Texturing. Few more elements remaining. Trying to commit a few hours to this piece everyday. Cheers Guys !! :metal: :metal: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

Amazing work Man ! texturing work really made the character special :+1:

1 Like

Few more elements done.

2 Likes

HI @Bharat how did u textured the Chrystal part like the squid ? did u use any techniques other than Emmesive ?

@ivin mostly emissive. Used the thickness map to generate depth. Did some manual paint of thickness map in Photoshop. Just look up crystal texturing substance painter on youtube. There is a good video on red crystals where he/she did a bake of thickness map on a certain axis to get good results. check it out.

Update. Done with the Sigil for now, might change it in the future. Time to texture the Hair strands.

6 Likes

What program did you use for the ID Map? Everything looks clean! Good job

2 Likes

@Jrn050593 I will send u a pic to answer this question.

If you are facing any issues do let me know. Cheers ! :smiley:
Also dont forget to decimate your High Poly model to your preferences before sending them to Maya. Other wise your Maya will act other-worldly.

2 Likes

Final Update. for the next 2 weeks or so. Done with Texturing mostly. Will try to pose the model, hopefully it works, Will start compiling the textures and mesh in Marmoset and start with the Lighting Pass 1. Cheers Guys. :metal: :metal:

1 Like

Awesome work! The organic modeling is spot on!

1 Like