[Warlock Challenge] – [Oni Warlock]

Hi there ^^

I’m joining the warlock challenge !

My character is an oni who was born smaller and thinner than most of his comrades. To survive in the mountain, he had no choice but to form pacts with more powerful yōkai and become a warlock.

My last Update :grin:

Render

Textures

Highpoly

Lowpoly

Rig

12 Likes

This is the blockout for now, there’s still a lot of work to do, but right now I’m trying to find the right balance for the silhouette. I’m looking forward to everyone’s work ^^

This is my character so far. I end up changing some details like the haircut or the clothes. I still need to add some details to the sculpt and then I will start to work on the retopology

And here is the retopology, I’ve finished a first version of the baking, but I will need to do cages later

It’s the first version of the textures, I will start to add details like the patterns on the clothes and the tattoos

I finally manage to put my model in Marmoset with the right pose made in Maya

1 Like

A small update of my character in Marmoset with the textures

1 Like

An other small update of my character with the pedestal and the first version of my lighting

Wow, the final result looks so nice. I like it! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks a lot @felgoh ^^

@Notink Great Stuff man. Did u actually rig the model. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Bro please rig my model also. :rofl: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

1 Like

I totally get you @Bharat, rig can be so tedious :sob:
I actually cheat a little since I used the quick rig tool from Maya and then I just rigged the fingers and the tail manually X) in the end I still had to do most of the skinning but I saved a lot of time :smile:
But if you want to be even faster you can even use Mixamo and then use a script to convert it into a rig in Maya :rofl:

1 Like