[Warlock Challenge] - [Muedin]

Hi everyone! My name is Karolina and I’m a 3D and VFX student from Germany. This is the first time I join a challenge so I’m pretty excited to show you my concept, the wips and the final result later on. Here’s my concept and some reference for my character, I decided to go for a sci-fi themed project to get out of my comfort zone a little :slight_smile:
The character is a robot warlock with a post-apocalyptic look so I was imagening to have more geometrical and abstract elemtens as a visual magic source in the final render.
I had a hard time adding more details to the concept so I think I’m gonna start taking everything to 3d the next days and block out everything.

This text will be hidden


Here is the update of my warlock, a little bit later than I thought but the sculpt is finally finished! I’ve spent most of the time sim and resim the cloth in Marvelous because I think they draw a lot of attention and since I never worked with Marvelous I wanted to push myself and see what I can do. Hard surface in Zbrush was also a whole new world for me, it took a while for me to figure out a workflow that gave me nice results and a decent topo. For now the character looks empty and could definetly use some details, especially in the face. I hope I can make the most out of it in Substance Painter, I am really excited to add all the nice height/displacement details! Wish me luck :))

1 Like

Hi guys, here is my last wip update that shows my texturing process. I didn’t want to spent too much time with the colors as it will probably change a lot in Maya (I’m going to render with Arnold) and I like doing color management/correction in Arnold, so I focused on getting the cloth right mostly. Close to the finish line but there’s still a lot of polish/finetuning work left, as the next step would be taking everything to Maya and set up the final render yey. I really want to make the emission pop and get the most out of the displacements, we will see how it wil turn out. Unfortunately there are some issues I could not fix without losing time, I have parts of the inside mesh coming through the outside parts of the mesh which sucks of course, but I will try to make the best out of it. :slight_smile: