[Warlock Challenge] – [BEASTRIDER]

Ok so first post, pretty nervous but here we go! The first month of this challenge has past and my milestone was to get a block-out done with a set concept. I’ve gone pretty crazy with a bunch of ideas. It’s very Warhammer inspired, and I pulled a lot of references from people doing LARP leather crafts, for the clothing I’ve found pretty cool references from modern gothic/punk brands like PUNKRAVE. It was pretty all over the place at first but I manage to find a style that I liked that was a “Dark Elf -Dragon Warlock” with like a gothic/chinese inspired culture (much like the Druchii). To keep the title short I just call it a Beastrider, she uses her magic to dominate a powerful creature like a dragon. And also she has a pretty kick-ass staff that is also a mace.

Here is the result so far:

2 Likes

And this is the breakdown of the armor:

1 Like

Here’s another milestone! She’s starting to flesh out more and more!
I just started experimenting with garments in Marvelous designer. I also did some basic polypaint in zBrush to get a better feel for the design. I added a long cloak and it would be cool to get some more dragons and runes in a Chinese embroidery style. I’m realizing now that I’m getting closer to the deadline how large my scope is though :sweat_smile: crunchtime
This is kind of my first human character with clothing and everything so I don’t think I realized the amount of detail that is still left. But the armor needs more polish still to get the metal to look nice and hard surface.
I also got a bit sidetracked with the runes. I COULD’VE just have borrowed like a Warhammer sigil but I decided to write a verse and do my best to translate it in the Black Speech :sweat_smile: It was unnecessary but FUN, and I love Lore for characters like this too and helps me paint out her backstory a little more :smile:

2 Likes

@Tweak_Squeak Crazy stuff !! :metal: :metal:

1 Like