Updates to come: D4-PHROG Prince 2050

Hey everyone, this is my second attempt at a challenge. I tried entering into the CC3 challenge fairly recently, but school took over priority and I was unable to finish the project.
I am very happy that Flippednormals has such a forgiving due date! I’m somewhat taking my time on this project and hope to see it through to the end. I am currently going to school at The Los Angeles Film School and have 1 more year before graduation. I wish everyone luck on their projects! I will try to update this post frequently. I have tons of progression pictures on my IG : Oneshotat1760
Cheers!

2 Likes

Day 07 Dirty details…

1 Like

Day 09 Started my texturing! Color is so wonderful and game changing!

1 Like

Doing some final touches before moving on to Unreal Engine. I want to go ahead and rig this character as well so I can pose it however I see fit. This will also allow me later on to do something fun with this creation!

1 Like

Another quick Arnold render before moving forward. I finished rigging the model, and am now importing into UE4.

2 Likes

I saw this guy over on Instagram and he just looks so cool! I think the textures really bring him to life and I am in love with the mechanical leg design, reminds me a lot of the body in Alita. I can’t wait to see this in UE4, I think you can get some phenomenal results in there

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m glad you like how he’s turning out! I’m starting to freak out since my class this month I have a lot on my plate with class, but hopefully I can get him completely done for submission! Currently I have him in UE now and I’m working on some shot angles.
Thanks again!

Trying some stuff out in Unreal Engine, I’m utilizing the Niagara Particle system to create his crown.

1 Like

I wish I had more experience in UE grrrr! I feel like I can’t get the lighting the way I want it! I get nice renders in Arnold, and Marmoset, but just can’t seem to nail what I’m looking for in UE! : (…
Unreal Engine

Marmoset

2 Likes

I haven’t used Unreal in a bit now and I totally understand how you feel. Why not just use Marmoset for the finals?

1 Like

Idk, I’m just being a self criticizing artist, never happy! :joy:

I wish this was my submission photo, but live n learn!