Porridge Pajama Party

:heart: DAY 21 &22 :orange_heart:
I suffer.
I reap what I sow.
I hate skinning so much. I am always reminded by how difficult it is when its so hard to learn. Especially with a time limit. I am unsure what I want to do. I want to do the idea, I’ve done all this work for it, but baggy armholes will be the death of me. I’m not even sure what the topology under the arm should have been or if I genuinely am just this clueless as to how to skin and thats the only issue. It can’t be this painful, I must have done the topology not very well around the arm holes?
Well, tomorrow I’m definatly taking a break from skinning holy shit my brain is fried. I’ll finish off Goldi’s textures since shes priority over the chairs and since skinning I’ve noticed areas I need to touch up which I couldn’t see very well in Substance Painter.

I’m at least happy that the composition has improved, there were some things I was really bothered by in the test pose and it was nice to see them improve on the actual game models rather then look worse.
I have no clue how to rig a face, and I dont think im going to try this time, I think a morph target to position the eyes and mouth nicer will suffice…if I can remember how to do that…hehe…

:sparkling_heart: END :sparkling_heart:
This is the final WIP post! woop woop! From exactly March 12th to April 12th this character started and completed and I’m very happy with it! It’s obviously been 4 days since the last WIP but honestly, it was a lot of back and forth with the skinning, posing, rigging and renders. The renders took a lot longer then I thought since I wanted to do alot. So theres not a fitting progress page to make however I should have made one for the chairs a couple days ago. When a project gets near its end, I tend to run out of steam and just want it finished, so thats kinda what happened here. But yay! Ill submit to the final sub thread as soon as, I just want to get it right :slight_smile:

I’m really happy to update my portfolio as its long over due. This was a great motivator to keep my accountable and finish when otherwise I’d give up from self doubt. So thank you for running a challenge like this, its infinitely helpful to be given requirements, other people also doing it in the same space and a theme!

Here is the Artstation thread for clear renders :slight_smile: : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Qr8yg8