Horror Challenge - Xylorhk

Hi guys,

I’ve been watching these challenges but this is the first I am participating in. Super excited to be involved. I’m planning to work off of my own concept for this challenge. I am going to begin with photogrammetry of my brother’s face as a starting place for the sculpt, which will then be mixed with a kind of tangled up centipede, human, hybrid thing. Can’t wait to see what everyone else has cooking!

3 Likes

Starting by cleaning up this scan. I want some of the likeness to remain intact but it’s not vital that it resembles the scan for the final. Too much care on maintaining the likeness will make me too timid, not exploring enough.
Also saving surface work for the end since I expect to lose some info when I dynamesh this on to the body.

Some clean up, tunneling in the eyes, opening the mouth, rebuilding the back of the head and chucking all the crunchy bits below the neck.

Making the head more gaunt to match the idea for the body.

Blocking in the Body from ZSPheres

Starting some shaping.

Getting some some preliminary shapes in place.

2 Likes

Starting to get the feel I want. And there will be a bunch of pieces to frakenstein on as I go.
Planning to show regular updates like this because it motivates me to make more progress.

2 Likes

Now it’s starting to look like something! All these hands are gonna suck to retopo tho…

4 Likes

Yikes! A rigger & animators nightmare for sure!

Struggling to find time but finally started detailing the upper body. I love this part, trying to push the secondary forms to make the imaginative details make more sense.

3 Likes

Detailing the other two sections

3 Likes

Retopo is finally done!

Also did a test render with the sculpt, not sure yet if the final will be going in this direction.

3 Likes

Texturing probably done.

1 Like

Making some eyes with a process I’ve never tried before. Worked out great!

Think the Wings are getting there finally as well.

1 Like

If you haven’t already done it, remember to post your result in the final submissions thread today so your work can be considered for one of the prizes :slight_smile: Only a few hours left to go now! Countdown Timer – Countdown to Nov 23, 2023 in London, England

1 Like