Horror Challenge - Undead King

For this challenge I chose to do an Undead King.
This is a concept I sketched as a reference.

Here’s a WIP of what I have so far.

1 Like

Some more work on the armor. Next step is probably retopologizing everything for some cleaner geometry.

4 Likes

Retopologized the armor and clothing. But my retopo addon for Blender stopped working so I didn’t get to do the face or body. still not sure what I’m going to do about the arms retopology-wise but I’ll figure it out.

1 Like

1st test render. no textures yet just some basic materials. still need to do the retopo for the body, but going good so far…

1 Like

another test render (still no textures) probably nothing noticeable. I finished all the retopo and most of the UV’s so I can move onto detailing the armor, skin, and clothes. I also wanted to add some ornamental designs on the armor because it looks pretty bland.

About an hour into the skin textures. just getting started with a base. trying to make that “deadly skin” look. something I’ve never done before.

2 Likes

Finally got some base textures on everything and added more details. Going to be posing soon.

7 Likes

This is looking TIGHT! There’s 5 days left of the challenge now, really hoping to see this as part of the final lineup in the final submissions thread :smiley:

1 Like

here’s a current test render with a stupid simple pose and ground. still lots of work to do fixing up the pose, the rig I used didn’t have any fingers so Imma have to pose those by hand. any feedback is appreciated as always.

1 Like

If you haven’t already done it, remember to post your result in the final submissions thread today so your work can be considered for one of the prizes :slight_smile: Only a few hours left to go now! Countdown Timer – Countdown to Nov 23, 2023 in London, England

1 Like

Thank you!