Horror Challenge- Theodore:The Effigy (pays cute forehead kisses)

played around with the Silhouette a bit to see what I could come up with but was not yet happy with what I had. Taking notes on each day to document progress.

1 Like

10/20/23 Kept playing with the silhouette and figuring out what I want to do with him and who this creature is and his background story

Finally at a point where I was happy with his Silhouette and his design but still finding that he looks bland.

:slight_smile: so far

7 Likes

Working on low poly for Theodore, still have quite a bit of progress to make but slowly getting there.
Also realized I never gave his story or why I designed him the way I did so i’ll put it in here :slight_smile: He’s based off a voodoo doll but a monster. He’s got effigies hanging from his horns and nails throughout his body just like a voodoo doll would. :slight_smile: Why I named him Theodore? I dont really know, just kinda suites him plus it was a popular vote amongst some friends when I was trying to name him. I played a lot with his silhouette and made so many different changes throughout the process to see what I liked and didn’t like and what made him creepy to me. I wanted to create something that would terrify me if I saw him lurking around the corner. But here’s to some mid way progress, more to come.

2 Likes

Doing some baking tests this morning and fixing some artifacts

Some more shots, still working on fixing artifacts on him, getting him ready for textures.

3 Likes

WIP on body/skin textures, still quite a bit to work on with skin then to move onto horns/hooves next but wanted to share what i was up to tonight :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So Far! A little more in on the textures, still having a bit to go :slight_smile: :black_heart:

2 Likes

Working on posing, lighting and some effects :slight_smile: <3

2 Likes

Loving the progress on this. The camera angle you’ve chosen adds a lot to the character. There’s only 5 days left of the challenge now, so remember to post your final result in the final submissions thread before the deadline has passed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile: I will be sure to submit final renders by deadline :slight_smile:

If you haven’t already done it, remember to post your result in the final submissions thread today so your work can be considered for one of the prizes :slight_smile: Only a few hours left to go now! Countdown Timer – Countdown to Nov 23, 2023 in London, England

1 Like