Horror Challenge - The Fisherman

Hello there!
My name is Andrey, I do various 2d and 3d stuff. 3d is pretty new to me, but I like it a lot, especially stylized. I try to practice in handpainted styles and this challenge is a good opportunity to motivate myself to practice more. I took a couple of my own artworks as art references, but I’d like to make the character for this Halloween challenge an ultimate combination of my skills.

I picked two topics from the list: Frankenstein’s monster and lovecraftian motives. I came up with an idea of mixing these topics in some kind of Hellboy’s vibe, where a Frankenstein’s creature, being a monster himself, fights even more grim and horrible something.

I imagined Frank wears some kind of fisherman’s outfit and the whole model shows a fight between him and the monster. My first idea was a fight versus the octo-monster, but now I decided to make a swarm of horrible fish-people instead.

I made a couple of sketches:

I’m planing to finish the final 2d concept until the end of october.

Good luck for everyone!

6 Likes

I really like your drawing style & the story behind the character is very intriguing. I’m excited to watch progress on this one.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your interest!

2 Likes

The main character is almost done. I like how the concept evolved into some kind of steampunky style.
I also came up with a new look of the fish folk so it will take some additional time for concepting, but I believe I still have enough time.

3 Likes

Finished the main character concept. I’ve got to finish an additional concept of fish folk and then - modelling time!

3 Likes

Fishfolk concept - done!

4 Likes

Basic geometry for the main character is done!

4 Likes

Second basic geometry is also done!
I believe I have enought time for posting and texturing!
Wish me luck!

3 Likes

So cool, can’t wait to see the full composition!

2 Likes

Deadline is coming, but I feel myself confident!
Posing is done, I am very proud of it!
Unwrapping is also done so I can paint textures without any problem.

7 Likes

Texturing process.
I think this is my last WIP piece.
See you in the final!

4 Likes

If you haven’t already done it, remember to post your result in the final submissions thread today so your work can be considered for one of the prizes :slight_smile: Only a few hours left to go now! Countdown Timer – Countdown to Nov 23, 2023 in London, England

2 Likes

Thank you! I will!
Just doing some final preparations!

2 Likes