Horror Challenge - Surrotha

Hello Everyone! First time participating in one of these challenges. My concept for this is a supernatural witch character that invades dreams through eldritch power. Just working on blocking out the face right now.

7 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Haven’t posted in awhile but have been super busy with this one! I will be posting some of the technical aspects like the hair and facial tendrils I have been setting up in Houdini after I sleep. Mostly, I have been working on the skin detailing and taking it into VRay to see how it reads and just switching back and forth making updates. I’ve been making the skin using XYZ textures as well as the Flipped Normals Face Kit, which I have never used before but I really enjoy them! Because I am sculpting this face in a posed position I have also been warping the XYZ textures in photoshop to match the deformation of the face such that I can get a somewhat realistic deformation of the pores.

1 Like

Don;t have the latest face textures in here yet but here is how the lookdev is going so far. Soooo much to improve on. Definitely going to be thinning/pushing the hair out of the face more, and for the tendrils I have been looking at angler fish antennae for inspiration. Going to made more of an internal structure to the tendril as well as add larger ones that have a milky human eye at the end of them. Also going to work on the transition between the tendrils and the skin to make it feel like the tendrils are pushing out through the skin and stretching it rather than coming out of a hole in the face.

3 Likes