Horror Challenge- necrorise

Hi everyone. Lately I’ve been reading Lovecraft stories, so this one will be a cosmic horror inspired monstrosity. I will post some WIP’s soon.
This is my first challenge ever, so I’m very excited to participate and see how far can I get in a month.
Also, I’m looking forward to see everyone’s work!
This will be a lot of fun :skull: :zombie: :spider_web:

5 Likes

I started with blocking out human-demonic form. Later I added a snake like body which corrupted the thing that used to be human ( I might discard the human form actually :thinking:) . I’m still searching and playing with shapes, so I don’t know what I’m going to end up with yet. Also, I’m trying not to stay too long in this phase, which is kind of a problem for me :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is what I have so far. Still trying to figure out what to do with the head and the back part. :spider_web: :skull:

2 Likes

I started working on the head, finally :spider_web:

7 Likes

Gorgeous work! I’ll be following the progress on this one closely :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words Emilie :pray: I appreciate it a lot :relieved: :skull: :spider_web:

Almost done with the sculpting part. I’m decided to do all details in Substance Painter.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Wow! Some seriously cool shapes and design language on this piece! Great job this is awesome so far. Looking forward to seeing this one textured

1 Like

Hey Caitlyn, I appreciate you :heart: Texturing is the next step. Thank you for your support! :spider_web: :skull:

1 Like

Incredible shapes! This character is coming together so well. Can’t wait to see what colour palette you’ll be going for in your textures.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, me too :D, I have no idea yet :spider_web: :skull:

After a few days and some broken brain, retopo is finally done. :spider_web:

1 Like

Topology is looking tight! Really hope you’ll finish everything in time as this is such a cool character :slight_smile: There’s 5 days left, so remember to post your final result in the final submissions thread before the deadline has passed.

1 Like

Thanks Emily :relieved: I’ll give my best to finish on time :spider_web: :skull: :spider_web:

1 Like

Texturing in progress, not much time left :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :spider_web:

4 Likes

Me encanta. buen trabajo.

1 Like

Muchas gracias amigo :pray: :spider_web: :skull:

If you haven’t already done it, remember to post your result in the final submissions thread today so your work can be considered for one of the prizes :slight_smile: Only a few hours left to go now! Countdown Timer – Countdown to Nov 23, 2023 in London, England

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder, I’m going to post the final results soon :relieved: :spider_web: :skull: