Horror Challenge - First Transformation

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I’m pretty late to this contest so there is a lot of work to do!

I have started working on this piece, which will depict someone’s first transformation into a werewolf-esque monster by way of a haunted amulet. I’m going about making the monster first, and I’ll be adding a lot more scarring and the likes later on.

Good luck to all participants!

2 Likes

This is so cool! Can’t wait to follow your progress - I’m confident you can make it in time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve decided to go with an xgen and texture pass next. I can’t spend too long on any single stage so I’m making iterations where necessary as I go :sweat_smile:

I have changed the stroy of the piece quite a bit, but I will save that for next update!

4 Likes

It’s looking so good!! :smiley: I hope you’ll finish it in time for the deadline

1 Like

It’s gone in a different direction to what I was expecting :sweat_smile:

I decided to do something that was more 1970s creature feature than my original idea, which would have been in a gothic style. I went for the classic varsity jacket, as well as adding in a bit more blood to add in a horror element. I think this also helps with storytelling and adds in some scale.
I have been texturing in substance painter, combining coat maps on top of the skin for the blood to produce a nice glossy look whilst also modelling in some blood droplets to both make it look wet and three-dimensional.
The deadline is approaching very quickly but I will try not to rush. Easier said than done :smile:

2 Likes

I love this direction! It adds so much story and is a great twist on an old classic :slight_smile:

A small piece of feedback which you may already have as part of your plan: I’d consider making the rose look more wilted/hanging, missing a couple of leaves, duller colours and maybe some blood dripping off of it too - after all, it’s been through a lot by the looks of it :smiley:

1 Like

A bit of lighting work and some posing. I still have to texture and detail the body, and I have to make some changes to the jacket too. And fix the xgen groom and apply it to the body. That’s doable in 48 hours, right?

1 Like

He’s got a body now! Not only that, he also has a pom pom :grin:

I decided to really saturate the lights with colour (I may tone down a little) as I think that the bright, intense colours work well with the time period but also make it look really unique.

I’m going to add a lot more blood, and I do need to give him some legs to qualify for the challenge :sweat_smile:

If you haven’t already done it, remember to post your result in the final submissions thread today so your work can be considered for one of the prizes :slight_smile: Only a few hours left to go now! Countdown Timer – Countdown to Nov 23, 2023 in London, England

1 Like