Horror Challenge - Ant queen

Hello
This is my first time participating in a Flipped Normals challenge. I’ve posed correctly, and if not, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
Here’s where I am with my work-in-progress. I’m creating an “Ant Queen” character with this horror theme, aiming to make it truly frightening. I hope you all enjoy it.

1 Like

1 Like

I made some adjustments to the blockout for this sculpture. I wasn’t satisfied with the “arm-legs,” so I replaced them with actual arms. I believe I’m approaching the final stages of my blockout, and I’m eager to see how this will turn out in the end.

1 Like

I believe this is heading in the right direction. Slowly but steadily, she is becoming scarier, at least in my opinion.

2 Likes

adding in some “face” details today and adjusting the body.

2 Likes

More details :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Still some work to do, but I believe the main sculpture is beginning to be complete.
Creating this sculpt has been really enjoyable, and it feels great to make something that I want to do. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do.

2 Likes

I thought the stomach area was a bit dull, so I made some changes. I think this turned out nicely.

2 Likes

It took some time, but finally, the body has new topology.

51K triangles

2 Likes

First texture attempt, not 100% happy with it, but I will try to make a render and see how it looks.

6 Likes

First render test. There are some things that need to be fixed, but I think it’s starting to come together.

8 Likes

It’s starting to come together.

1 Like

4 Likes

This challenge has been so much fun. I’ll probably tweak and fix small things, but the end result is starting to come together.

6 Likes