Horror Challenge 2023 - 5 Stages of Grief

Hello!

I’m a bit late to this challenge, but I’ll still try and see if I can’t finish this within the deadline. Thank you FlippedNormals for hosting this challenge.

I’m an artist who can’t draw to save my life, so I decided to sketch things out in the 3D space right away instead. After many mistakes, failed ideas, and countless scrolling down through Pinterest, here’s the result of my day 1 brainstorm:

These are some of the “main” ideas I came up with. I decided to go with the right-most.

Still unsure if I’ll make this creature a dark shadow creature or more of a grotesque flesh and blood body horror kind of monster.

Major changes to the overall shape, but still the same idea.

1 Like

Some of my first attempts with the lighting, none of these are my final submission btw:

I call the last one the Confused Forest because clearly the artist is confused with the lighting colours. The cat doesn’t have a shadow because she’s a ghost.

1 Like

If you haven’t already done it, remember to post your result in the final submissions thread today so your work can be considered for one of the prizes :slight_smile: Only a few hours left to go now! Countdown Timer – Countdown to Nov 23, 2023 in London, England

Thank you for the reminder <3
None of these is my final render btw, I’m still fiddling with the lighting and compiling all the necessary images to post on the final submission page.