[Fairy Tales Challenge] – Young Baba Yaga

Hey everyone :smile:

For this challenge I’ve decided to go with the Slavic tale of Baba Yaga. I will try to make a younger version, before she became the ambiguous witch who would either help or destroy those who looked for her. I will incorporate some of the famous elements which characterised her and hint to her dual philosophy.

This challenge will be a good opportunity for me to study traditional outfits from Rusia so I hope to be able to finish it in time !

Real Time :

High Poly :

Low Poly :

Textures :

8 Likes

I’ve start the body, I still need to refine the face but it will be a good base to start the blocking of the clothes

3 Likes

Here is the blocking of the clothes, I still need to tweak a few things and then I will start to add details

1 Like

I was able to improve a bit the clothes today. I still need to add accessories and jewelry before I start the retopology.

1 Like

I think that I will start the retopology with what I have right now ^^
I’m still not sure if I will keep the fur on the coat so I will do a few tests to see if it’s worth it

2 Likes

I’ve finished the retopology for the main part. Since I’m just under 20 000 tris, I will be able to have fun with the fur and the hair

3 Likes

After adding a little more than 20 000 tris, I finished the hair and I have the base for the fur. I still need to tweak the fur, but when this will be finished, I will start the texturing and the rigging

3 Likes

I was finally able to start the textures, it’s only a blocking for now and I’m still not sure of the coat’s color, but now I will also start in parallel the props and the scene in Unreal

2 Likes

In the meantime, I’ve also started to do a few tests on lighting the face with Unreal to see what I could come up with

2 Likes

A bit of progress on the render’s preparation and the props design

4 Likes

I was able to do a quick rig of the character, some part will be tweaked manually, but it will give me a good base to work on.

1 Like

And here is how it looks in Unreal ^^

2 Likes