Fairy Tales Challenge - Modern Dracula

Hello, This is my first time posting here. I decided to choose a character from the list on the challenge.

I chose Dracula because I like his classic style, and I am streaming the process from the beginning on my Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/vickyhikari

I started with rough sketches and some references.
I then moved on to the 3D blocking, and made a better concept art using the blocking.

So this is my wip Dracula!

12 Likes

Love it :smiley: can’t wait to see the progress from 2D to 3D

3 Likes

I selected these 3 after all the variations I made
I’m sharing on Twitch.tv/vickyhikari

4 Likes

Hey guys! This is the blocking of my Dracula. I’ll start on the retopology soon. I used cloth simulation for the pants. I decided to make a trench coat version. I`m sharing all the process on my Twitch: twitch.tv/vickyhikari

3 Likes

One more update!
I made simulation on his tank top and pants.

I think his clothes’ topology is ok for now. I don’t think I have to retopologize his clothes.
But I tested this method on his coat, It didn’t work so well, so I have to make it poly by poly.

3 Likes

the concept arts are amazing

2 Likes

Thanks !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

More Updates !

I made the hair cards with blender curves.

I think curves is a good tool to edit the hair cards. I have more control over how it is positioned and the end look.

Also created a shader to change the hair color and details more easily.

I generated the hair using particle system in Blender

3 Likes

Looking good! What do you think about a shaved side?

1 Like

This is a good idea! I can give it a try when I start putting the textures

More and more updates!

I finished the retopology of the whole model, and had to redo it on his t-shirt and pants.

I’m having a change of heart on his coat design. So I was researching references to try different styles. I’ll publish the updated concept soon.

But for now, here is his retopology.

His eyes are and mouth are slightly open because I will also rig them when everything is finished.

That’s it for now.

2 Likes

More updates !
All made during my streams on Twitch: twitch.tv/vickyhikari :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Most of the details I made with normal map and the chains are planes
And the sewing with curves in blender

1 Like