Helloo! My name is Chantal Prentice. I’m a bit late for the challenge, but I feel it’s gonna be very fun to create a full character. I’m going to create the evil fairy Maleficient and I’m gonna add creature elements to her body to make her more scary and evil. I did a small moodboard of what my project will look like. c:
Slowly but surely I’m doing the face of Maleficient. I’m currently doing the cornes and then I’m going to wrap some parts of it up like the originial character design. Also, I’m adding a bit of spikes to make her scarier. I’m not sure about it.
I’m currently working on the blocking of the character. I’m searching her silhouette to see what could make her more interesting. I might do her wings bigger to tranform her like a demon Maleficient. For now I’m still in Zbrush using Dynamesh.
I’m currently working on the arm. I’m using a lot of dynamesh to search for the silhouette I like.
Love what you did with the arm, pretty solid
I finally finished detailing the body. I’m going to work on the retopology soon and then the dress.
I finished all the high-res details with Zbrush. Now all that’s left is the textures that I’m going to do in substance painter, the pose and the render.
I also finished the retopology and the UV. I’m around 65k triangles for now.
I’m starting the textures for my character and exploring the colors.
I just finished the textures! I’m getting closer to the end!
I also did a test of the textures and material in Unreal engine with a couple lights. Its looking even more scarier!
Your test looks awesome!!
Looking super good! Can’t wait to see the final submission
Thank you so much it means a lot! c:
Thank you! I love using Unreal for rendering, there’s so much you can do! c:
It’a been a hard week. I’m a bit sad I didn’t have a lot of time to work on Maleficient. I’m really gonna give it my all this week! I did a quick lighting in Unreal Engine and I’m really liking it! I still think I’m going to change the pose and make it more dramatic. I feel like it’s missing something so I’m going to fix that before the final submission! So here’s the last Screenshots I took in Unreal with my scene. Hope you guys like it still c: